1 What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being cozied up on the couch on a rainy, Autumn, weekend morning with no urgency to get anything done; quietly observing my son and husband interact. (There is coffee involved, of course.)
2. What is your greatest fear?
Losing my family
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Refusal to show vulnerability
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Every non white man living through this time in political history.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Italian shoes and lingerie
7. What is your current state of mind?
Exhausted (too many late nights, a schedule out of whack.)
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
To avoid spoiling a surprise (birthday, gift, etc)
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
The entity that is the Republican Party
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
The ability to respect and appreciate women with strong personalities and who are smarter than them
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Refusal to take any more shit
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Fuck, fuckballs, jesus fuck, for fuck’s sake, fuck dude, what the fuck
15. When and where were you happiest?
Tomorrow, because I am a perpetual optimist about my own future
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
To speak ten languages fluently
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
20. Where would you most like to live?
the Basque Region, either France or Spain
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
23. What is your favorite occupation?
Anything that allows you to work in solitary
24. What is your most marked characteristic?
Getting shit done
25. What do you most value in your friends?
26. Who are your favorite writers?
Haruki Murakami, Anaïs Nin, Rachel Cusk, Lauren Groff, Neil Gaiman, my son
27. Who is your hero of fiction?
I don’t have any heroes.
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I’ll get back to you on this one.
29. Who are your heroes in real life?
30. What are your favorite names?
Felix, Renee, Maxmillian, Nicodemus
31. What is it that you most dislike?
The state of the American politics today
32. What is your greatest regret?
I don’t do regrets
33. How would you like to die?
34. What is your motto?
I’ll figure it out.