At a glance:
- 20 years experience in web development, 15 years with CMS (MoveableType, WordPress)
- WordPress: customization of templates, custom plug-ins, payment walls, membership log-in, templates, social media updates, SEO, etc
- CSS, HTML, XML, XHTML
- database administration
- eLearning development, software (Adobe Captivate, Presenter)
- remote learning applications (Adobe Connect, Zoom, Electa, etc)
- email campaigns (MailChimp, Constant Contact): setting up and managing user accounts, lists, email templates (custom and boilerplate)
- client training
- front-end coding
- social media management
- blogging, social media
- data entry
- Adobe Creative Suite
I started out working in IT/Help Desk over twenty years ago, doing everything from logging support tickets, to setting up software training programs, to database management and security, to managing weekly file uploads and user accounts, to technical documentation. I moved on to web technologies training and development, which means my workdays were split between training Adobe (then Macromedia) certified courses and site development. Long before the pandemic when “remote everything” became a thing, I was using and teaching remote conferencing/meeting technology and eLearning applications (Adobe Presenter, Adobe Connect, and Adobe Captivate). During the pandemic, I worked with a previous employer as a moderator and tech support to companies using Adobe Presenter and Zoom for conferences, meetings, and presentations
My very early background is in IT help desk support where I created a company-wide intranet, wrote “how-to” manuals and created training modules for non-technical users, managed databases and security, in addition to responding to and routing support requests.
When I worked the 9-5, I worked on large corporate websites and trained on-site at major companies as a certified Adobe Instructor. I’ve trained for such companies and institutions as Raytheon, Mercedes, the US Army, Merck, Crocs. For many of these companies, I taught courses remotely via Adobe Connect. Courses that I have taught include Adobe products (Connect, Captivate, Presenter, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc) and HTML, CSS, Section 508 Compliance, and intro to Flash.
Though I do not actively pursue development work at this time, I do occasionally take on small freelance projects; a portfolio is available upon request.