Former(ish) Web Developer / Technology
At a glance:
- 20 years experience in web development, 15 years with CMS (MoveableType, WordPress)
- WordPress: customization of templates, custom plug-ins, payment walls, membership log-in, templates, social media updates, SEO, etc
- eLearning development, software (Adobe Captivate, Presenter)
- remote learning applications (Adobe Connect, Zoom, Electa, etc)
- email campaigns (MailChimp, Constant Contact): setting up and managing user accounts, lists, email templates (custom and boilerplate)
- client training
- front-end coding
- social media management
- blogging, social media
- data entry
- Adobe Creative Suite
My very early background is in IT help desk support where I created a company-wide intranet, wrote “how-to” manuals and created training modules for non-technical users, managed databases and security, in addition to responding to and routing support requests.
When I worked with Brookwood Media Arts, I worked on large corporate websites and trained on-site at major companies as a certified Adobe Instructor. I’ve trained for such companies and institutions as Raytheon, Mercedes, the US Army, Merck, Crocs. For many of these companies, I taught courses remotely via Adobe Connect. Courses that I have taught include Adobe products (Connect, Captivate, Presenter, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc) and HTML, CSS, Section 508 Compliance, and intro to Flash.
Also with Brookwood Media Arts, I worked on eLearning projects using Captivate, Connect, and Presenter. I am proficient in all aspects of eLearning development and have done everything from adding audio, to designing, to piecing together and publishing, to setting up the backend scoring and reporting process. Not only have I worked on the development of eLearning applications, but I have also been on the other end of many distance-learning courses as a student.
Though I do not actively pursue development work at this time, I do occasionally take on small freelance projects; a portfolio is available upon request.