1. Costa Rica, of course. (Even if I don’t get to the surfing part – which I hope I do because that would KICK ASS, I’ll be thrilled to increase fluency in Spanish.) AND I’m going to try to challenge myself by choosing as my accomodations the “sheltered hammocks.” For a whole month, I’ll be sleeping in a hammock on the beach with nothing but a bamboo roof over my head. In theory, this sounds AMAZING. I love the ocean. I love the beach. In practice… I’m going to try to conquer my serious fear of bugs, and see if I can be someone who can kick back, relax, and “rough it.” I’m going to take with me one little bag and some sunscreen. I have this fantasy of coming back all tanned, sleek and with crazy long beach hair. (I did a bad thing the other day. I’ve always been against tanning. But when it’s happened from being in the Caribbean, I have to admit… I umm… well… I really really liked how it looked. So I took advantage of having the house to myself this weekend and tanned my butt. And everywhere else. Is it wrong to admit I look hot?)
2. Florida! I’ve already said this a million times. But Friday I fly down to Miami to hang with the two most wonderful and amazing friends I’ve ever known for 6 days. They’ve really gotten me through the tough times and I’m looking forward to hanging out and talking till the wee hours of the morn.
3. NY. I got a couple different trips to plan for NY. One of them being my ever-present friend Bob getting us tickets to some big music thing at which Iggy Pop will be performing.
4. Croatia. Dammit, I will get there yet.
5. Movies. I will learn the joy that is going to the movies alone. I’m going to throw myself into this independent solo thing. I’m slowly coming to realize that I do, indeed need it. I’m going to learn to stand on my own.
6. Knitting. I have COMPLETELY forsaken it in the past few months. I’m going to knit like a madwoman. <a href=”http://www.icklenet.com/blog/” target=”_blank”>She </a>has been making the most fabulous things, I’m envious!
7. Party like it’s 1999! <a href=”http://gloriousday.org/” target=”_blank”>This gal</a> is going to be in town soon and it seems I will have a new dance partner, eh?
Yeah. I’m not going to get into that whole rah-rah Sex & the City girl power Single is Fabulous! thing, ok? But I am going to embrace all this time I have on my hands and learn a language, get crafty, see some sights, and maybe take over the world.